you're a mystery yourself
17 September, 2009
2:43 AM

I've written this based on a true story. I still dont know what to name it...so presenting 'The Story of Andrea and Drew'. Its a short but sad one :(



Andrea tugged at Drew’s arm. “I can’t. I can’t do it. I love you too much to let you go.”

In a swift second before Drew even realised, she had pulled herself towards Drew and draped her arms round his well structured body. More tears quietly traced the contours of her cheeks with haste, gently spreading over Drew’s new shirt. Drew disliked being hugged, but he knew she needed one. He knew she needed him.

“I can’t, all right? I’ve told myself over a million times that I’ll forget you. I tell myself I hate you. I do…I do that, but you know what? I’m just lying to myself.”

“Andrea…“ Drew cringed.

“Remember how I laughed that I’ll never like someone like you? Well, it isn’t funny now that I’m wrong. Things change.”

Drew could not see Andrea’s face. It was buried deep in his chest, like how she had concealed her feelings from him till she could handle it no more. But Drew already perceived them. He suspected, but it all became clear after she professed. Andrea could not see Drew’s face. It ached to look at him. She did not expect things to get messy or her emotions to be beyond control. She knew she had to do something,
but what?

Her tears felt fresh on his skin as they feasted into his heart. Drew grasped Andrea's affliction. He had encountered something similar before, and he did not think of having to savour the same bitterness again. However, his dear friend was experiencing it now, and it was all because of him.

He had not desire for it to be this way. He only asked for himself and Andrea to be happy and remain as close friends; to never step over that boundary…which Andrea eventually did. She desperately clung on to what her heart told her, which was of no use - her feelings weren’t returned. She longed to move on with life, but Drew was an obstruction.

“I know that I can’t have you, Drew, yet I still idiotically hold on to that bubble of hope. Please, help me burst it. Help me put an end to this…this pain that shouldn’t have started.”

“Andrea, I-”

“I wish I didn’t like you. I wish this never occurred. I really, really, wish I could go back in time…”

“Sorry…” Drew uttered as he stretched his right arm out to stroke her hair.

“…then we’d still be what we used to be: very good friends. But it’s impossible. I know after all this; our friendship would never be the same again... I believe you know this too. The only way for me to get over you is to keep away, but I the more I try not to think of you, the more I do...” Andrea’s wrap around Drew grew tighter, while her waterworks continue to overflow.

They both apprehended that it was exceedingly arduous to avoid someone who you know is there, especially when they had spent a lot of time together. Drew knew he had already hurt Andrea once by rejecting her. If he avoided her, he would be hurting her once more. It would kill to go through all that again, but if nothing was settled, this situation would just drag on. Andrea’s pain would just keep increasing. Something had to be done.

“It’s gonna be a hell of a process for us, but perhaps it’ll be better if I let go. It might be for the better.” Drew unwillingly shared his thought, amid releasing himself from her poignant embrace.

“No, don’t.” She went limp.

“I don’t want to, Andrea. I have to.” He grabbed her steadily with his sturdy arms and caught her gaze as he hesitated saying what he himself was not keen on hearing. “Maybe, I’ve to let you go… I love you enough to do so.”




How can i let go when i wanna hold on?

♥ loves.

the lady

RANT BLOG

the noisy silence
the cheerful emo
the uncontrollable laugher

23rd of Dec; my day!


Show me how to live, teach me how to pray.



history
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
November 2010
December 2010
March 2011



other worlds

Dee Dee
Dee's plant blog
Eileen
Ghee Hoe
John
Vinodini
Evon
Shiying
Malar
Benita
Sharlene
JoscelynDUCK
Leroy
Patrick


talk-talk









history
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
November 2010
December 2010
March 2011